- Governor Rick Scott announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat currently being held by Senator Bill Nelson.
- Most election prognosticators currently have the race categorized as a toss-up.
- The Florida Senate race is likely to be one of the most expensive in the country, with both parties viewing this as a must-win seat.
- So far Governor Scott has been evasive when asked if he'll have President Trump come to Florida to campaign for him.
- Click Here to read Politico Florida's exclusive interview with the governor.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images.