Whether or not the Rays will keep their stadium in St. Pete, plans are in place to redevelop the area, turning it into 'Gas Plant District'. (Don't worry, the name isn't set in stone!)
The new area could potentially include an expansion of Booker Creek, pedestrian promenade, a tech campus, outdoor shops and restaurants, and a convention center.
40 percent (approximately 34 acres) would be set aside for public space, like parks. The other 60 percent would be used for businesses, condominiums, shops and the proposed convention center.
The City has plans that include a new baseball stadium, in the event that the Rays stay in St. Pete, and plans that don't include a stadium.
.@StPeteFL has some ideas for what to do when the Trop (eventually) comes down: Bring back the Gas Plant name? Build a convention center? Turn Booker Creek into a water attraction? By @TB_Times reporter @cljohnst: https://t.co/J4YE3WsgUf— Jamal Thalji (@jthalji) August 7, 2018