By Tom Krasniqi
The new look Buccaneers entered a new stage today with the start of offseason workouts-- or organized team activities (OTAs).
During this stage, players will be involved in meetings as well as working out in the weight room. Head coach Lovie Smith addressed his team for the first time on Monday.
Monday's events were closed to the media but Tuesday's OTAs will be open. Keep it locked to 620am WDAE & 95.3FM for the latest happenings from One Buc Place.
Other Bucs news from Monday:
- Former Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater visited the Bucs on Monday. The team confirmed the visit. NFL teams are allowed 30 pre-draft visits from draft prospects. Expect the Bucs to entertain many of the top quarterbacks over the next month.
- The team confirmed the signings of WR Lavelle Hawkins and safety Major Wright to 1 year deals.
- Former Plant HS standout and Florida State RB James Wilder tweeted that he will visit the Bucs later this week.
- Former Bucs WR Mike Williams addressed the Buffalo media on Monday. Williams admits that he has some maturing to do: "Yes, I think I do need to grow up a little bit more."
- According to the latest NFLPA records, the Bucs have $13.28 million in cap space. Locking up defensive tackle Gerald McCoy to a long term deal remains a priority.