Listen Live on  
 

970 WFLA

Tampa Bay's News Radio
 
 

House Fire Was Dog's Fault: Police

 
House Fire Was Dog's Fault: Police
Posted September 1st, 2014 @ 9:16am by Matt Cantor, Newser Staff

(NEWSER) – Too bad they don't teach fire safety in obedience school.

A fire in a New Jersey home this weekend appears to have started when a dog turned on the stove, police say, per the Asbury Park Press. But the canine may not be entirely to blame: It seems someone left a laptop on the stove in Lacey Township. That's what started burning when the dog made its mistake.

After the fire was reported, police turned up to find smoke coming from the roof. Firefighters put out the flames and saved the dog, who was unhurt, the AP notes; no one else was home.

Read the full story on Newser.com

Recommended Stories

More from 970 WFLA

*