TAMPA, Fla. (TBO.com) — Busch Gardens Tampa on Friday backed off from its previously announced May 1 opening of Falcon’s Fury, a thrill ride featuring a five-second, 60 mph vertical drop, after canceling Tuesday’s Media Day event because of “ongoing construction requirements.”
A Busch Gardens Tampa spokesman provided no indication of when the ride might open to the public.
“We just don’t know right now,” Media Relations Manager, Marketing Travis Claytor said. ““We will have a better idea of the timeline as we move forward.”
The 335-foot-tall ride that has been under construction since July 2013 will become the tallest freestanding drop tower at a North American attraction, although there are taller drop towers integrated with other rides or buildings.
“There is no specific challenge that has caused a delay in opening Falcon’s Fury,” Claytor said in an email.
Photo Credit 970 WFLA/K. Norman